cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 200D - digital trigger device and a K-150A light kit

DeadFish
Apprentice

Hoping someone can solve this puzzle for me. 

I purchased a K-150A light kit at a yard sale. It came with a Digital Trigger Device  - radio Flash. The plug is 0.35, 0.63cm ( the second one is an adaptor I dont really need it looks like its for old school headphones.) 

When I look at the plug one side fits into the light kit.. but the other thats suppose  to fit the Canon does not. So what size plug is on the Canon D 200? I assume, the person who had this kit was using Nikon since it doesnt fit. 

3 REPLIES 3

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Post a photo of trigger device (or its model) and someone can probably help.  Most of these use a transmitter that plugs into the camera hot shoe which supplies the RF triggering signal to the device that plugs into the light so you may be missing a part.  Typically you will have the hot shoe transmitter and a box that plugs into the light with wireless communication between the two parts.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

I figured out, I think after watching a youtube video about the device. The second wire must be for Nikon. 

Thank you, it's called a RT-04 Digital Trigger Device, Radio Flash for Professional.

4 chanel Frequency, Sync Plug 0.35, 0.63cm

eh, I found where they got it from: [Mod Note: Link removed per Forum Guidelines]

the short wire I assume for the trigger that that is hot shoed on the camera  that can be decribed as :

has a cable that on one side looks like a typical headphone jack, the other side of the same short cable is a stubby, round end, that has a metal tab dead center inside the circle.  Now this side doesnt seem to fit into anything on my Canon. 

If it fails, I'll post again. 

The other cable is used for a PC terminal. In this case PC means Prontor-Compur not Personal Computer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prontor-Compur

“A Prontor-Compur connection (also known as a PC connector, PC terminal, or PC socket) is a standard 3.5 mm (1/8") electrical connector (as defined in ISO 519[1]) used in photography for flash synchronization.”

This is an older type of connection first used in the 1950’s.  It is not used as much these days, but still present on most high end, or professional cameras, and some flash units.

They were not held in very securely so a more recent development was the Screwlock PC terminal which must be screwed in for a more secure connection.

C168DB48-6175-408B-87A2-2FF12B9D7342.jpegCE5A494C-9905-4AE9-A30E-BF847FA1010F.jpeg

1D9E9859-F2D6-44D0-9491-30BCB2005208.jpeg

36D3DE19-CC4B-4B22-965E-E6B953015C18.jpeg

Mike Sowsun
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements