cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busy...please wait message

jerichosoul
Apprentice

I have a brand new Canon EOS Rebel6. Two days ago while taking photos in class and while choosing my custom white balance option, I received the message "Busy....Please wait"  I also noticed that the access lamp was blinking rapidly. I asked my instructor for his help. He concluded that it was the memory card. I transferred my images (5000 of them) to my computer, reformatted the card in the camera and then transferred the images back to the card and put it back into the camera. Same thing happened. I switched to another brand new card, formatted it first in the camera and transferred the images to the card before inserting the card into the camera. Again, same thing is happening. Has anyone experienced this and can you help me out? I now have the card, the battery and the lens out/off of the camera and am waiting 20 minutes before reattaching and reinserting everything.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you are using microSD cards with an adapter, you're wasting your money.  Only use full size SD cards.

Rebel-T5_Folder_Format.JPG

There are certain limitations and conventions that file folder names and structure that must be adhered to.  The above notes are from the Rebel T5 manual.  The Rebel T6 should be nearly identical.

Have you tried using the SD card without copying files to it before you insert it in the camera?  In fact, why do that?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the card was fine before the images were transferred back, but unfortunately I need those images in order to work on school computers for photoshop assignments. I've now got another new full sized (not a micro sd, I don't use those) card that I will be using for future photographs and the card with this issue (while in the camera) still works fine in photoshop, so I'll just live with the fact that that card cannot be put back into the camera with these images. Not a problem. It will work out. Again, thank you!

Announcements