cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless remote for T3

n4mjg
Contributor

i have  question about  T3 where can i buy wireless remote that will work with T3 ? or if was one out there !!Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Skirball
Authority

Here's the Canon RC-6:

[link removed per forum guidelines]

And here's a generic version for less than half:

Canon discontinued the old RC-1 awhile back for some reason.  It was much smaller, so you could hide it in your hands.  I have an old generic that I picked up in Asia somewhere 5 years ago that still works with both my SLRs.  I love the thing.  You might be able to find a used or older copy somewhere if you search around.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Skirball
Authority

Here's the Canon RC-6:

And here's a generic version for less than half:

Canon discontinued the old RC-1 awhile back for some reason.  It was much smaller, so you could hide it in your hands.  I have an old generic that I picked up in Asia somewhere 5 years ago that still works with both my SLRs.  I love the thing.  You might be able to find a used or older copy somewhere if you search around.

The correct link for the generic RC-6 is [link removed per forum guidelines] I ordered thegeneric  RC-6 for my 600D/T3i and was sent an RC-5 by mistake. The company sent me out a new one, and as it was only a £2.00 ($3.00) item, let me keep the RC-5. The RC-5 doesn't work with my camera.

The rc6 remote will not work on the canon T3 the camera does not have infrared, so you need to get a receiver that plugs in to the camera with the matching remote something like this one, this is wired to your camera and is the remote all in one. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Timer-Remote-Control-Shutter-CANON-700D-650D-1100D-1000D-500D-RS-60E3-/231110...

Or wireless 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Infrared-Wireless-Remote-Control-Shutter-for-Canon-Rebel-T4i-T3i-EOS-650D-600...

Darkpaw
Apprentice

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I'm running into this same issue.

I have a wired remote, which worked with my non-digital EOS SLR.  I bought a Rebel T3 to finally go digital, but don't see where I can plug in the wired remote.  I have the same remote that is mentioned in the reply above this one (by "roadrash").

Where does it plug in?

You can download software and instruction manuals for Canon products at this link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

You can find instructions on using the RS-60E3 wired remote switch with the T3 on page 229 of the Instruction Manual

Rebel_T3_WiredRemoteSwitch.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have the manual, and it shows no spot to plug it in.  That picture isn't of the T3, as my card slot is on the bottom, and there's no 1/8" hole there for the remote.

That is from the full manual, not the quick reference guide. Page 229. The connection is just above the USB port.

Aha!  You're right.  I was looking at the SD card slot, and didn't realize there was a side slot on it.

Thank you so much.

Any wireless remote with a 2.5mm plug will work, there are many to choose from depending on what you want to do including time lapse.

Announcements