cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is wrong with my camera???

htc8p
Apprentice

i have canon 100d

i have had it for years now. but now the pictures come out faded, no colors, lifeless. i didnt drop it. it was outdoors good lighting.

what does this mean. like an old cell phone camera. it sucks.

please advise.  thank you very muchIMG_5203.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

You must have some option (quite possibly the picture style) set wrong.

Always use RAW mode!!  Then you can correct most sub-optimal settings in post-processing.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

i just put it to P mode but even if other modes picture still seem exposedIMG_5387.JPG

@htc8p wrote:

i just put it to P mode but even if other modes picture still seem exposedIMG_5387.JPG

This one looks like a dirty lens filter, or front lens element, to me.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

htc8p
Apprentice
You may be right. What do i do??

A microfiber cloth is good for this. A clean cotton tee shirt will work too. Either breathe on the glass or put a couple drops of clean water on the cloth. 

The rear glass element can also be dirty so clean it too. 

Blow and/or brush the glass before wiping to get any grit off. Wiping the grit around on the lens can scratch the glass. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

If you do have a filter on then you must clean both sides of it plus clean the front of the lens itself. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend

Always do a reset on your camera when things don't come out as you expect.  Clear all settings in the menu tabs.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Announcements