cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is wrong with my camera???

htc8p
Apprentice

i have canon 100d

i have had it for years now. but now the pictures come out faded, no colors, lifeless. i didnt drop it. it was outdoors good lighting.

what does this mean. like an old cell phone camera. it sucks.

please advise.  thank you very muchIMG_5203.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

You must have some option (quite possibly the picture style) set wrong.

Always use RAW mode!!  Then you can correct most sub-optimal settings in post-processing.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

i just put it to P mode but even if other modes picture still seem exposedIMG_5387.JPG

@htc8p wrote:

i just put it to P mode but even if other modes picture still seem exposedIMG_5387.JPG

This one looks like a dirty lens filter, or front lens element, to me.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

htc8p
Apprentice
You may be right. What do i do??

A microfiber cloth is good for this. A clean cotton tee shirt will work too. Either breathe on the glass or put a couple drops of clean water on the cloth. 

The rear glass element can also be dirty so clean it too. 

Blow and/or brush the glass before wiping to get any grit off. Wiping the grit around on the lens can scratch the glass. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

If you do have a filter on then you must clean both sides of it plus clean the front of the lens itself. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Always do a reset on your camera when things don't come out as you expect.  Clear all settings in the menu tabs.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements