cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to 6D from7d - flash& wifi issues - worth upgrade?

tws_canon
Apprentice

Dear Friends,

At present I have the following for about 2 years:

7d

canon EF-S 15-85mm

canon EF 24-105mm L

canon EF 35 mm f2

and Blackberry 9900

I am considering to sell 7d & EF-S lense for 6d and use L lense with the new body.

The main purpose is general usages, and also for work, indoors, outdoors, travelling and family photos.

others features aside, only 2 matters remain: WIFI & Built-in flash.

can I transfer photos from 6D directly over wifi to Blackberry?

Does it work well?

or, Alternatively, shall I buy Wireless Transmitter WFT-E5A for 7d instead? does this work with BB?

with 7d, after taking photos at work or leisure, I am "forced" to go back to laptop, plug cables,

and send via BB to customers/ friends. If 6D can do this wirelessly, it will be ONE of my big upgrading point.

please help on this matter.

I use 7d built-in flash like 90% just for fill-in flash during the day, high contrast areas or at night for lighting up the subjects. 6d has none (and I am not considering buying any speedlites yet)

Will I still be able to achieve good photos with 6d?

Can 6d handle high contrast area without the fill-in flash?

thank you so much on your inputs in these 2 matters.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

hsbn
Whiz
The wireless apps is for android and ios only. I do not know if the wft-e5a will work or not.
Nothing can replace fill flash. Without fill flash you will have to over expose the ambient in order to fill the shadow.
If those two are your reason to update then it is not worth it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

View solution in original post

HSBN makes good points, doesn't sound like the 6D is for you.  If you really use the flash 90% of the time, then it's a no-brainer.

I like the 6D a lot, but I wouldn't buy it because of the WiFi.  It's nice to have, but it's really not a feature to weigh too heavily yet.  It's still a very young technology with a lot of things that need to be worked out.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Keep your 7D.Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

6 REPLIES 6

hsbn
Whiz
The wireless apps is for android and ios only. I do not know if the wft-e5a will work or not.
Nothing can replace fill flash. Without fill flash you will have to over expose the ambient in order to fill the shadow.
If those two are your reason to update then it is not worth it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Dear HSBN,

noted your comments and thank you kind feedback.

HSBN makes good points, doesn't sound like the 6D is for you.  If you really use the flash 90% of the time, then it's a no-brainer.

I like the 6D a lot, but I wouldn't buy it because of the WiFi.  It's nice to have, but it's really not a feature to weigh too heavily yet.  It's still a very young technology with a lot of things that need to be worked out.

Dear Skirball,
Thank you for your kind advices.
I'll keep my 7D for now.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Keep your 7D.Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Dear ebiggs1.
thanks and noted your advice.
I'll keep 7D for now.
Announcements