cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this function is not available in auto expo. movie shooting 5D mark iii

ngongha10
Apprentice

Hello Guys

I have had this problem with my 5D mark iii for the past 1 year and i still dont know how to go about with this. I cant manually change the ISO each time i try to do this i get this message (this function is not available in auto expo. movie shooting)

Any help ?? 

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ngongha10 wrote:

Hello Guys

I have had this problem with my 5D mark iii for the past 1 year and i still dont know how to go about with this. I cant manually change the ISO each time i try to do this i get this message (this function is not available in auto expo. movie shooting)

Any help ?? 

Have you ever been able to make that adjustment before?  Just like when you are shooting stills, if the camera is in auto exposure mode, then I would not expect the camera to allow me to change any of the exposure settings, not just ISO.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

I think Waddizzle has got a handle on this one. Had you previously been shooting video in Program mode and not had this problem? If not try using Program (P mode) and see how the camera responds. It will still give you fully automatic exposure but should allow you to make a few more settings,  adjustments and customizations than the AE mode setting.

Announcements