cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Canon 7D MK II firmware 1.1.2

Ernest_Porter
Apprentice

Hi I updated my canon 7d MK II to the latest firmware version 1.1.2 and picked up a problem. I use a canon 300mm f2.8 Non-IS and before the upgrade my full time manual focus override was working perfectly on the lens when the shutter button was changed from (AF+Metering) to only (Metering). Now after the update it stoped working. First I thought something went wrong with the lens so I mounted the lens to my 7D and the full time manual focus overide works so this means that the firmware v1.1.2 created this problem.

2 REPLIES 2

@Ernest_Porter wrote:

Hi I updated my canon 7d MK II to the latest firmware version 1.1.2 and picked up a problem. I use a canon 300mm f2.8 Non-IS and before the upgrade my full time manual focus override was working perfectly on the lens when the shutter button was changed from (AF+Metering) to only (Metering). Now after the update it stoped working. First I thought something went wrong with the lens so I mounted the lens to my 7D and the full time manual focus overide works so this means that the firmware v1.1.2 created this problem.

Start by reviewing your custom function settings. I surmise that you must be using back-button focus. My guess is that the firmware update undid one or more of your custom settings, so that the shutter button once again initiates AF, which is probably not what you want.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you for the advice. I changed the settings for "Lens Electronic MF" from "Disable in AF mode" to "Enable after One-Shot Af" and that fixed my problem 🙂 

Announcements