cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t7i Autofocus issue

dylanunrau
Contributor

So I recently got a new gimbal. Plugged my t7i in and now i can longer click the screen to autofocus. When i click the square pops up tracking the object but no focusing.... In picture mode it works fine, but as soon as i switch to video same thing happens. Manual focusing in video works fine. As well as auto focusing in picture also works fine. What sort of setting might have the gimbal of changed when i plugged it into my camera to cause this. Major issue as i cant film the way the camera is. I only can film in manual focus which does not work for the type of filming i do.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LENS PLEASE STOP ASKING ABOUT THE LENS. I'VE TRIED MULTIPLE LENSES WITH THE SAME OUTCOME. THE AUTOFOCUS IN PICTURE MODE WORKS FINE THEREFORE THIS IS SOME SORT OF SETTING THAT HAS CHANGED.

2 REPLIES 2

Ray-uk
Whiz

I don't profess to know much about gimbals but what type is it and how exactly does it plug into the camera ?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

No much info to go on here.  I assume that you're connected via USB.  Some gimbals support Bluetooth.  Doing so probably puts the camera into remote shooting mode.  All of your control should now be coming from your gimbal.

Does your gimbal support your camera?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements