cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7: software upload for transferring photos

tjjjc2
Apprentice

Hi, do I need to download and install any software to get pictures on the PC?

I have windows 7 and Canon Rebel T7

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome.

No, you remove the SD vard from the camera and use an SD card reader attached to the computer to access the DCIM folder on the card and copy the images to your hard disc via the file manager.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

tjjjc2
Apprentice

Hi thanks, right now I have tried 8 times to read the SD card on different USB ports. Next I'll reboot and try.

Is your SD card a Micro-SD with an adapter?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

stevet1
Authority
Authority

tjjjc2,

You don't absolutely need software. You can use the method Trevor suggested by taking them from the card.

If you choose to use software, Canon offers a free program called EOS Utility that handles transfers. You can get a copy from Canon's Support Page here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/eos-utilities?_gl=1*vrvuhe*_ga*ODgyNjgwMTgzLjE3MjY2MjIwMzE.*_ga_RS...

You just tell it what kind of camera you have and the operating system of your computer.

You can use a USB Cable to connect your camera to your computer. Your manual should have a recommendation for that Cable.

You open up the software, turn on your camera, check off the pictures you want, and hit download. The software is nice enough to put them in folders organized by shooting date.

I use that method all the time.

Steve Thomas

tjjjc2
Apprentice

Thanks so much for your advise and help.

Announcements