cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recommendation on upgrading my Rebel T7 to R6 or EOS 5DMarkIV

Nithun12
Contributor

I currently have Rebel T7 with EF-S 18-55mm and EF 75-300mm Lenses and planning on upgrading to some bigger camera. I once used EOS 5DMark IV, loved it. At first i was in a impression of getting it but after doing some research i came to know about R6. Now i am in a confusion which one i need to get.

My current usage is mostly for personal use, Landscapes etc. (Not professional) 

I know R6 is latest product with mirrorless, but also 5D is very good. totally confused on what to get. Please advice.

If i choose R6, can i use my existing EF/EFs lens with an adaptor? wil there be any difference? are these lens enough for now or need to get any new lens?

-Nithun 

43 REPLIES 43

Highly recommend off-camera flash.

For more modern flashes, look to the new Speedlite EL-5 along with a transmitter.   It has the same excellent guide number of 197' (60 m) as the 600 series Speedlites as well as the much more expensive EL-1.

Look at something you can expand over time as well (and work that into your budget).

I originally had single 400-series Speedlite for my Rebel T4i.  And opted to use a cable to start with off-camera flash.  When I moved to full frame though, I got the two flash and transmitter kit (two 600 EX RT and ST-E3-RT).  And then over the years, added more 600 units.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

The EL-5 is not compatible with the original R6. But it can be used as an off camera receiver unit.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D & Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

That's why I mentioned the transmitter.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I know how to setup off camera speedlites. I've never really used them off camera only on camera. I have used one speedlite to serve as the sender (formerly master) then used one or more receiver (formerly slave) units. I've only used on camera bounced flash.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D & Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements