cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple exposures DISABLE

suerteuno
Apprentice

just bought a 6d. was shooting Multiple Exposures, then disabled it to shoot normal but the feature was not disabled. it still is shooting Multipe Exposures. feel trapped . help. how do i get out of it or is it a camera defect?

thanks for any help

tom

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Skirball
Authority

Are you talking about the multiple exposures mode that blends the photos together in-camera, or exposure bracketing where it takes 3 -7 photos consecutively, at different exposures, but leaves the files separate?

If the latter, I've had similar problems before when I tried to turn it on/off and exited out of it without actually turning it on/off (user error).  I don't have my camera in front of me, but i was either not using the "set" button to confirm the setting, or I was and you don't have to.  I can't remember which, but it's simple enough to go back in and confrim.

If the former, I can't say, I've never used that function.  Does the menu say "disable"?  If it really is stuck then you should try a factory reset.

View solution in original post

hsbn
Whiz
Because you shoot RAW. Multiple exposure and in camera HDR on the 6D only work in JPEG mode. Canon removes the RAW capability to make the 5D Mark III even more appealing, IMHO.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Skirball
Authority

Are you talking about the multiple exposures mode that blends the photos together in-camera, or exposure bracketing where it takes 3 -7 photos consecutively, at different exposures, but leaves the files separate?

If the latter, I've had similar problems before when I tried to turn it on/off and exited out of it without actually turning it on/off (user error).  I don't have my camera in front of me, but i was either not using the "set" button to confirm the setting, or I was and you don't have to.  I can't remember which, but it's simple enough to go back in and confrim.

If the former, I can't say, I've never used that function.  Does the menu say "disable"?  If it really is stuck then you should try a factory reset.

Skirball

yes thats what i was talking about.

my first reply to this Mystery came from Canon. and they too suggested 

CLEAR CAMERA SETTINGS. it worked BUT do i have to do this everytime

i use Multiple Exposures? ( i will soon find out) and of course i won't enjoy losing all my settings....

thanks alot 

hsbn
Whiz
Because you shoot RAW. Multiple exposure and in camera HDR on the 6D only work in JPEG mode. Canon removes the RAW capability to make the 5D Mark III even more appealing, IMHO.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hsbn

thanks so much .

this is a better solution to Skirballs (and better than Canon's same solution) since i don't want to CLEAR CAMERA SETTINGS everytime i want out of Multiple Exposures, 

i don't remember anything about being in JPG in the manual...

thanks again

I just remember it something like that on top of my head 'cuz I don't use that feature. But I did play with it when I first got the camera and ran into the same issue. But I re-check the manual and it says that HDR cannot be done in RAW but seems like Multiple exposure can. So play around with RAW and JPEG to see if it solves your problem.

thanks
i will try soon
Announcements