cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory card between two cameras

hollysim22
Apprentice

So I was filming videos on the canon eos1200d and the battery ran out, so while it was charging I took the memory card out and put it into the eos700d and started to film videos on there but when my 1200d had finished charging and I put the memory card i usually use back in the videos I had taken on the 700d were not there?

2 REPLIES 2

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@hollysim22 wrote:

So I was filming videos on the canon eos1200d and the battery ran out, so while it was charging I took the memory card out and put it into the eos700d and started to film videos on there but when my 1200d had finished charging and I put the memory card i usually use back in the videos I had taken on the 700d were not there?

Are the videos not on the card at all (when plugged into a card reader), or just don't show up on the camera?

@hollysim22 wrote:

When a card is used in multiple cameras, each camera will put its images in a different folder. (At least it will if the cameras are of different models.) You may not be able to see that on the cameras themselves, but you will if you put the card in a card reader and look at it via a computer.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements