cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos 70D screen not work, touch works

Bronco
Apprentice

hello all;
I have a problem with the touch screen, yesterday I turned on the machine and the screen does not work anymore, the screen lights up but is still black. The touch works because after pressing the menu button and tapping the screen i hear the beep sounds.
Otherwise the machine works perfectly, I can take pictures and use it via pc.
I hope it is only the screen broken, but it is strange that the touch and light work.
the machine has more than two years and never had any problems, the last time used two weeks ago and then stored without battery.

has anyone had similar problems, there something I can do?

5 REPLIES 5

Laysh01
Apprentice

I am having the EXACT same problem !  I have googled everything and can't figure it out 😞  Have you figured out how to fix it?!

diverhank
Authority

Just a wild shot in the dark...have you checked the LCD brightness setting?  It might inadvertently get changed to minimum brightness?

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Bronco
Apprentice

I have not solved the problem, tried to change the screen but does not work, is not the screen the problem.
I use the machine only at home and for the moment use it with an external HDMI display.
I think the only solution is to send the machine to canon for repair.

@Bronco wrote:

I have not solved the problem, tried to change the screen but does not work, is not the screen the problem.
I use the machine only at home and for the moment use it with an external HDMI display.
I think the only solution is to send the machine to canon for repair.

Plugging a connector, or cable, into the HDMI port will cause the LCD screen to blank, in much the same way plugging a pair of headphones into an old-fashioned, compact stereo would mute the speakers. 

The camera has only one chipset to produce a video output signal.  Normally, that signal is routed to the LCD screen.  However, when you plug into the HDMI port, the video gets re-routed to the port, which blanks the screen.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Bronco
Apprentice

yes, what I meant is that in order to change camera settings i use an external monitor.
The camera screen not work in every case, tried to change all the settings, connect/disconnect to pc or hdmi but nothing.
Tried to replace the LCD with a compatible spare part but same problem, the LCD lights up but remains black.

Announcements