cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon Eos R continuous shooting impossible (except on A+ mode) ??

arnaud
Apprentice

Hi everyone !

Quick presentation, amateur but avised photographer from France, I've recenrtly change from a 5DmkII to the EosR.... a new world...

Here is my problem. In the /A+/ mode when I press and hold the shutter button to take a picture, set to continuous shot, I can get real and fast continuous shot. No problem for that.

The problem is that it only works in A+ mode. With all other mode from TV AV M C1... when I press the shutter button, the shutter close to black to take the picture, but as my finger keep press and hold the button, the shutter keeps black. It's only when I release the button that the picture is taken. ( Of course I've set with continuous shot )

I've search everywre but didn't find any solution, I feel so noob !! 

Same thing with all my lens even with the new EF35mn.

Thanks for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arnaud
Apprentice

ok find it, if anyone have the same issue :

Silent mode shooting must be set to mode 1 or none so continuous shooting works.

noob...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

arnaud
Apprentice

ok find it, if anyone have the same issue :

Silent mode shooting must be set to mode 1 or none so continuous shooting works.

noob...

I have the EOS R. IT is by far the most customizable camera I have owned. ( been shooting Canon since 1976) There is a lot to learn but take time to download the advanced manual from Canon's website. I have the EF-Ring adapter and I have the control ring set to change ISO Makes it surprisingly easy to adapt to lighting conditions.I also have my image preview turned off that significantly speeds up taking action shots. Particularly usefull for wildlife. You can also review your photo in the EVF by pressing the image preview button without ever moving the camera away from your face. 

Enjoy your EOS R!

CarlG

Thanks for your answer. I will try to shut down the image preview. For now I'm not using so mush the EF control Ring, I still have to get used to it.

SEmbrey
Contributor

Another thing to consider for getting continuous shooting to work. Drive Mode is only available in the Q Menu, not the regular menu. Drove me nuts until I figured that out.

CarlG
Enthusiast
There was a recent firmware update that solves some of these issues.

hakeae
Contributor
Ok, silent is on mode 1, no image preview ... what next? How do multiple exposure settings work with continuous shooting? Multiple exposure wants to combine several into a single image. The Save source images is greyed out so I can't say to save all, and anyway it's not the same as continuous shooting. Thanks. Certainly a steep learning curve ... 🙂
Announcements