cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannon eos m not working

ciaren
Apprentice

my eos m will not turn on without the screen flickering black. I cant see anything on the screen when this happens

5 REPLIES 5

"I need to turn it on to test functionality and delete info off the memory card I need to turn it on to test functionality and delete info off the memory card".  First suggestion.  Remove the memory card and keep it. 

Suggest you leave the battery in a charger for an extended period of time to see if it can be recovered.  I have batteries that are 20 years old that work perfectly, but some will go into a deep discharge.

Frankly, I would hazard that the EOS M is not going to get you enough money to pay for a new battery as a viable economic solution.   I have one, it works perfectly and it's not worth selling, I use it for some specific types of photography instead.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Francie

Can I suggest that, to avoid confusing responses to you or the original poster, you start  your own thread please?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

HI Welcome to the Forum:

When you say it flickers black, is there ANY display of any kind, even for a moment, when it is turned on?

cheers, TREVOR

no it just flickers black and white

i cant see the screen though

Announcements