cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for lens recommendations (compatible with follow focus) for a canon T4i on a Zhiyun Crane 2

leon471
Apprentice

I recently got a Zhiyun Crane 2 and was testing out the servo follow focus. I currently have the standard 18-55mm lens that comes with the camera, and a 24mm f2.8 lens. The problem is that the servo follow focus does not move back and forth, as the focusing ring does on the 18-55 when adjusting the focus. This causes the gears to not touch the belt and stops the motor from adjusting focus until I manually spin the focus ring to move it back. Does anyone have any suggestions for canon ef-s lenses that are affordable (Ideally under $200 for a used one, but open to other prices) in which the focus ring stays still (in the x/y direction) while spinning it/focusing?

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Shooting video?

I would suggest a real video camera or at least a more advanced DSLR than the Rebel T4i. One of the mirrorless models would be a better choice, too, as I think your problem comes from the T4i not so much the lens. But the kit lens is not a great choice either.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements