cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera bag for Canon 80d

shorty1
Contributor

If I have a Canon 80D with a 18-135mm  f/3.5-5.6 lens attached, should I get a Lowepro Toploader Zoom 50 AW II Camera Bag or the Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55 AW II bag? I have chatted with different people from two online vendors and I am getting different answers to this question. Thanks for any advice.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@RobertTheFat wrote:

Don't overlook the Canon bags. They're not very expensive, and some of them are pretty good. I got one as a freebie with my 5D3 a couple of years ago, and I find myself using it often as an alternative to my giant Domke bag.

I just checked the EOS 80D with EF-S 18-135 IS STM lens will fit in the Canon Zoom Pack 1000.

zoom pack 1000

Great bag if you just want to carry the camera with one lens, spare battery, a filter, and a spare memory card.

It is a holster style that fits over your shoulder, it also has a tucked away waist band if you need to hold it into your body for hiking or climbing. 

I really love that little bag and at $20 I've ended up owning several of them.

View solution in original post

I checked with the 40D and EF-S 18-135 IS STM.

The 40D has very similar dimensions to the 80D. (146 x 108 x 74 mm vs 139.0 x 105.2 x 78.5mm)

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

"I'd avoid sling type (single strap) bag as it will hurt your shoulders if you carry all those above.  The ability to quickly pull the camera out is not that big of a deal.  When you get to location, the camera is permanently out, you don't need to put it back to be pulled out quickly again.  So a regular camera backpack will be just fine...get the one with padded straps it will be far more comfortable."  

I have found a holster type of bag to be very useful in casual social settings.  You carry one bag with you, and leave the backpack camera kit behind in your car.  For example, we recently went out to dinner to celebrate something.  The holster was perfect, while a backpack would have been too much.  I could hang it on my chair as I ate.

Of course, there is a no substitute for a bag that can hold your entire camera kit, or at least most of it.  If you have mulitple cameras and lens arsenals, now that is a horse of a different color.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

27 REPLIES 27

ScottyP
Authority

The smallest one looks tiny. Are you just wanting a holster for just the one camera with the one lens?  You might want room for a Speedlite, another lens, etc.  

That is a shoulder bag right?  Have you considered a sling bag?  Easier to carry. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

@ScottyP wrote:

That is a shoulder bag right?

Have you considered a sling bag?  Easier to carry. 

It can be carried over the across the body, or as a shoulder bag.  I use a "75", and love it.  It is very well padded.  I bought as a substitute for a neck strap.  It's also useful when I want to travel light.  It can fit both my 24-105 and 14mm at the same time.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you can swing the cost, go for the "55" bag, the one that can handle a 70-200mm lens attached.  It is a bigger bag, but advantage of carrying larger lenses is worth it.  I use a the "75", which can handle a body with a battery grip, and a 70-200mm.

Thanks for your reply. I have a backpack style bag that I can use if I need to bring along my 100-300mm lens. Since I rarely use that lens, I am not planning on buying a bag that can accomodate two lenses. Right now I am just trying to buy a bag that will be long enough to only hold the Canon 80D camera with the 18-135mm lens and Canon lens hood attached.

"Don't overlook the Canon bags.", B from B said.

Best Buy has these on sale a lot of the time.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@shorty1 wrote:

If I have a Canon 80D with a 18-135mm  f/3.5-5.6 lens attached, should I get a Lowepro Toploader Zoom 50 AW II Camera Bag or the Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55 AW II bag? I have chatted with different people from two online vendors and I am getting different answers to this question. Thanks for any advice.

Don't overlook the Canon bags. They're not very expensive, and some of them are pretty good. I got one as a freebie with my 5D3 a couple of years ago, and I find myself using it often as an alternative to my giant Domke bag.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

I just checked the EOS 80D with EF-S 18-135 IS STM lens will fit in the Canon Zoom Pack 1000.

zoom pack 1000

Great bag if you just want to carry the camera with one lens, spare battery, a filter, and a spare memory card.

It is a holster style that fits over your shoulder, it also has a tucked away waist band if you need to hold it into your body for hiking or climbing. 

Thanks a lot. I knew that Canon made hard cases, but I did not know that they made camera bags like this.

@TTMartin wrote:

@RobertTheFat wrote:

[deleted image]

Checked where?  That bag is way too small to hold my T5 with a EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM attached.  BTW, forget about the hood being installed, too.  It's made for a T5 and the kit 18-55mm lens.

That bag is made for Rebel sized DSLRs, like a T5.  My 6D simply does not fit, not even with the "nifty fifty" mounted on it.

Announcements