cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried i damaged something.. help

Kristi6789
Apprentice
I have a 7d mark ii.. i saw a spot when i looked through viewfinder so i opened the camera and blew into it once and very briefly into the interior of the camera, fogged up a little for a split second then cleared up. Figured not a good idea. Then i super lightly removed a piece of dust from the mirror w a tip of a dry qtip. Doubt i caused any damage.. but i am
Paranoid. Everything looks fine. Works fine. Should i b worried?
4 REPLIES 4

Kristi6789
Apprentice
Should reword.. it seems everything works normal. Do u think that brief mistake would cause damage?

You're probably all right, but breathing into a camera isn't a smart idea: breath isn't all that clean. They make squeeze-type blowers for that purpose.

And don't even think of breathing on the sensor.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Kristi6789
Apprentice
I blew into it briefly and not really up close at all. Immediately knew jt was stupid and didnt do it again. Mirror was down. Sensor wasnt visible agh 😕 im paranoid. Everything seems to be normal? Purchased a blower that day

You're fine.  Do as Bob suggests...  buy an air puffer.  You should not need to touch anything inside the camera.  As steady as you might think you are Q-Tips are also not a good idea.  Don't be paranoid.  You know what not to do next time and what to use if you happen to see a speck of dust inside your body. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements