cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 doesn't recognize EOS Ra

srchilders928
Contributor

I have a new PC with Windows 11, and I installed EOS Utility 3.15 for Windows.  My 7D Mk II connects perfectly through this version of EOS Utility, but EOS Utility does not recognize my EOS Ra.  The computer does see the Ra; it shows up on the Device List as Unknown Canon Digital Camera, whereas the 7D Mk II shows up on the Device List specifically as the 7D Mk II.  I have no problems connecting both cameras on a Mac through its version of EOS Utility.  Anyone have any ideas?  I am new to Windows, so maybe I'm stupid.

11 REPLIES 11

Jun51
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue, I'm running Windows 11 with my EOS R. What's even more interesting is that if I connect it to my Asus laptop it works fine. same windows 11 and same OS Build.

srchilders928
Contributor

I can tell you what I discovered with my EOS Ra. Partly, it was a USB cable issue. My HP computer would not recognize the camera on a 6-ft cable, but it worked on a 3 ft cable. I am told that this may be a function of the quality of the USB cable as much as the length, but I don't know that. Also, I had to experiment with different sequences of connecting the camera. IIRC, the camera had to be turned on before connecting. It may also depend on the PC you use. One thing I know for certain: none of these problems occur on my MacAir. The Mac doesn't care what kind of USB cord I use, or whether the camera is turned on or not; it just works.

Announcements