cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will R5 Price Go Back Up?

boazbo
Apprentice

I am amazed to see the holiday pricing for the R5. I currently have an R6, but would love the higher resolution for cropping. Should I get the R5 now and eventually sell the R6? I can get it now for around $2600.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I expect the price might creep back up a little bit on December 17th.  The R5 refurb currently has two instant savings, one of which expires 12/17.  The other runs through the end of the month.  It could be extended but there is no guarantee.  Subject to availability, etc.

Refurbs were down to $2199 on Black Friday.  I suspect we will see these prices again by March, which is the end of the Japanese fiscal year.  $2699 is still a great price for a great camera.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

According to the email I received from B&H this morning, all of the current Canon sale prices end at the end of the day today (12/17/23).

I was happy to save $500 on the R6m2.  Plenty of great deals out there, and I'm pretty sure new deals will pop up after Christmas.

Gary

Digital: Canon: R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III
Announcements