cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to Purchase

Pasar
Contributor

A’m currently owning 5d mark iv wishing to shift to mirrorless camera..i cant go for r5 am am thinking about r6, r6 ii and eos r as far as image quality is concerned! Looking at megapixels on eor r versus the other two options gives me headache…kindly assist me which one i should buy to get quality pictures? even if its not mentioned above

11 REPLIES 11

We are here to help.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

TomRamsey
Enthusiast

I think you'll get quality pictures from any of your choices as long as you have the skills to do so and decent lenses.  Each camera has differences that you need to look at and see what is right for you.  I just recently purchased an R6 Mark II because it was right for me.  It my first Canon, though I have been doing photography for several years.  My main interests are wildlife, nature, and landscapes.  Why the R6ii for me?  First I was drawn in by the 200-800 zoom (still waiting for it), then which camera to use with it.  Well, the low light ability, autofocus, weather sealing, IBIS, and good dynamic range were three important factors.  For wildlife the low light ability, IBIS, weather sealing, and excellent autofocus are big.  Of course for landscapes dynamic range is huge.  I have other 24 megapixel cameras and it is just a sweet spot for me.  That 24 megapixels on a full frame sensor means bigger pixels than cameras with more megapixels, and that adds to better dynamic range for the most part. 

You need to look at what you shoot and decide what fits best, and again, they are all going to work ok, but but look at all of those features and see what is right for YOU.

I took the photo below this morning during twilight, it wasn't a real colorful morning, but I think the camera's dynamic range represented nature pretty well:

20240818-Canon EOS R6m2-001.jpg

Announcements