cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather sealing on EOS 250D missing from EOS Rebel SL3

BaoLuong
Apprentice

I know these two are the same camera, BUT I don't know if someone has noticed this yet. The 250D has weather sealing and the SL3 doesn't can someone explain it to me?

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Where did you get the idea the 250D has weather sealing?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

"The device is protected with extra seals to prevent failures caused by dust, raindrops, and water splashes". I got that infomation from this https://versus.com/en/canon-eos-250d#:~:text=The%20device%20is%20protected%20with,%2C%20raindrops%2C....

The website you quoted clearly shows that the SL3 and 250D both do NOT have weather sealing. What you read there is a definition of weather sealing for cameras that DO have it so you can decide if that feature is important for your own needs.

55F51E14-3761-4A7D-AA52-357B0822AA3D.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

First, the Canon 250D, SL3, and Kiss X10 all refer to the same camera - the difference is simply a marketing one, so there is no physical difference.

I have checked three sources and there is no confirmation of weather sealing on any of them.  I refer you to the specs from both Canon and DPReview.com: Canon EOS Rebel SL3 (EOS 250D / EOS Kiss X10) Specs: Digital Photography Review (dpreview.com).
I am not familiar with the site you quote from but under weather sealing it does display a x rather than a tick mark, and their comment about sealing is not very precise and IMHO, somewhat misleading.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Baoluong,

I had posed the same as MikeSowsun, but didn't save the thread.  According to the site you referenced, A red X means doesn't have a feature.  Green check means it does.  According to the site, the 250D is not weather sealed.  

shadowsports_0-1697605884302.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements