cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video recording with the Canon EOS 60D

Makemt
Apprentice

I have had my 60D for a number of years and it's a true work horse. Recently during video recording it has started interrupting the video with what would appear to be the camera taking photos during video. The camera clicks a few times and then returns to the video which has stopped recording. No pictures have been taken!

I have taken hundreds of hours of video over the years without issue

*I have been using the same SD card types for years without issue. ex: SanDisk Extreme Pro C10 95MB/s

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would try a new memory card.  And, review your settings for any accidental or unintentional changes.  I like to use Custom Shooting Modes for settings that I want to remain unchanged.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks,

Cards are new and the settings are checked before every shoot.

??

Bednar
Contributor

@myfordbenefits wrote:

I have had my 60D for a number of years and it's a true work horse. Recently during video recording it has started interrupting the video with what would appear to be the camera taking photos during video. The camera clicks a few times and then returns to the video which has stopped recording. No pictures have been taken!

I have taken hundreds of hours of video over the years without issue

*I have been using the same SD card types for years without issue. ex: SanDisk Extreme Pro C10 95MB/s

What brand and "class" SD memory card are you using? Likely the memory card isn't fast enough to keep up with the HD video. "Class 6" or above is recommended.

It's detailed in my original comments

Makemt
Apprentice

I tried  the memory card that I was using in the 60D in my 70D and the same issue occurred. The card despite the fact that it was new seems to have been corrupted. I am presently testing both camera bodies with a different card. No issues so far.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements