cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting EOS 10qd

Larrylove
Apprentice

Hey Guys,

im relatively new to analog cameras. I got an old Camera (a year ago) from my dad (it’s bought around 1992). Before I started to use it, I did a checkup and everything worked fine. I went on vacation yesterday and was excited to use my camera again. Until I noticed that it doesn’t work anymore. To be specific: I can use all features except taking photos. There is no autofocus and it won’t take any pictures. I tried to reset it but I don’t know how. I already checked the manual + a book my dad bought in the 90’s. Does anybody know any further tips? I already used the objective on another camera (digital) and it worked, so it must be the camera. The battery seems to be full, but is there any possibility that it’s not? I also turned it to manual focus and switched back to auto + tried different settings. Last time it worked a week ago where I did a shooting. 

thanks in advance! 
cheers 

larry

1 REPLY 1

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Clean the contacts on the lens and camera with a soft cloth. Also a weak battery in an EOS film body will cause it not to AF. I would also test other Canon brand EF not EF-S lenses on the camera. It doesn't have to be exact same lens. Also provide the FULL MODEL name of the lens in question.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 5D Mark IV
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Retired Gear: EOS 40D, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM & EF 70-210mm F/4
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Announcements