cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring video from Canon Rebel T7 to iPad/iphone

ClarkGray
Apprentice

Hi there,

Im trying to transfer my Videos taken on my Canon Rebel T7 to my IPhone Photos app through the Canon Connect app and it only allows me to transfer pictures, but gives me an error when i try to upload videos saying file type is not supported, if anyone could give me simple advice on how to fix this issue i would be extremely grateful, thank you

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

MOV files are not supported.

Compatible File Types
JPEG、MP4、MOV
・Importing original RAW files is not supported (RAW files are resized to JPEG).
・MOV files and 8K movie files shot with EOS cameras cannot be saved.
・HEIF (10 bit) and RAW movie files shot with compatible cameras cannot be saved.
・AVCHD files shot with Camcorder cannot be saved.

I believe that .mp4 files are supported on iPhone, IPADs and Android.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

ClarkGray

You'll probably have to transfer them to a computer or laptop using something like EOS Utlities and then convert them from mov to mp4 first. Then send them from the computer to your phone.

Steve Thomas

Isabelle69
Apprentice

@ClarkGraywrote: LAFitnessPortal

Hi there,

Im trying to transfer my Videos taken on my Canon Rebel T7 to my IPhone Photos app through the Canon Connect app and it only allows me to transfer pictures, but gives me an error when i try to upload videos saying file type is not supported, if anyone could give me simple advice on how to fix this issue i would be extremely grateful, thank you

If you want to share your photos and videos from your Canon Rebel T7 camera to your iPhone, you’ll need to know how to transfer them to your device. You can either upload them to your iPhone with a third-party application or import them from your computer. To do this, you’ll need to unlock your iPhone and connect it to your computer via USB. Once connected, open the Photos application and select the videos you wish to import. The videos will then be copied to your iPhone’s Camera Roll.

Announcements