cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWO 7D Marrk II Wifi one does one does not

KirbyJ
Apprentice

I have two 7D Mark II Both will connect to I Pad with Wifi. Camera one connects to PC. Camera two will not connect.  

The only difference I see is camera One indicates on page 5 of the EOS Utility remote set up Server name IS ......DESK-TOP IGIOEAK

Camera two indicates KIRBYJONES -PC. Can this be changed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@KirbyJ wrote:

Thank You Wassizzle.

My Mark II's do have a WiFi adpater in the form of a chip. You made me realize that is needed to add the WiFi and its password.

"You need to create a new Wi-Fi connection from scratch. You may need to delete the old one first, though. There should be a choice in the Wi-Fi menus to allow you to delete Wi-Fi connections." 

Are you using separate WiFi cards in the two cameras or swapping the same card back and forth? If the latter, the computer may be getting confused as to which camera it's talking to. You may have to wipe out all vestiges of the first camera before you can talk to the second one.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@KirbyJ wrote:

I have two 7D Mark II Both will connect to I Pad with Wifi. Camera one connects to PC. Camera two will not connect.  

The only difference I see is camera One indicates on page 5 of the EOS Utility remote set up Server name IS ......DESK-TOP IGIOEAK

Camera two indicates KIRBYJONES -PC. Can this be changed?

The 7D Mark II does not have built-in Wi-Fi, so you must be using some sort of Wi-Fi adapter.

You need to create a new Wi-Fi connection from scratch.  You may need to delete the old one first, though.  There should be a choice in the Wi-Fi menus to allow you to delete Wi-Fi connections.  

Most SD Wi-Fi adapters do not work very well.  They are slow, and some may impose limits on file sizes and file types that can be transferred wirelessly.  Do not confuse wireless communication over Wi-Fi with networking. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank You Wassizzle.

My Mark II's do have a WiFi adpater in the form of a chip. You made me realize that is needed to add the WiFi and its password.

"You need to create a new Wi-Fi connection from scratch. You may need to delete the old one first, though. There should be a choice in the Wi-Fi menus to allow you to delete Wi-Fi connections." 

@KirbyJ wrote:

Thank You Wassizzle.

Are you using separate WiFi cards in the two cameras or swapping the same card back and forth? If the latter, the computer may be getting confused as to which camera it's talking to. You may have to wipe out all vestiges of the first camera before you can talk to the second one.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements