cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6i external mic problems"off" icon

tsujj8789
Apprentice

Hello, I am trying to film something for a class I am taking but both my mounted mic and my lapel mic don't seem to be working with my T6i. Whenever one is plugged in an icon appears on the camera that looks like three check marks with a microphone that says "off". I can't seem to figure out how to turn it on so the microphones will work.

Any help would be much apprecaited.

IMG_0583.JPG

13 REPLIES 13

I know I'm late to the party, but no one directly addressed billrattner's comment about there being only two options under Sound Recording (on and off). I had the same problem and soon discovered why. When the mode dial at the top of the camera is set to any of the basic modes, Sound Recording will have only the on and off options. Simply turn the dial to any of the creative modes, and you'll see the options change to Auto and Manual. Hope this helps those just finding this thread now.

perrin4
Contributor

Mine does this too but I own a canon Eos r10

This is a seven year old thread. You should start your own new thread. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Valphotos
Apprentice

Couldn’t find an answer BUT YouTube came through…. This video shows what to do. 
Turn your switch from off to camera -> turn dial to M -> then press menu and there you find sound options after plugging in external microphone (I’m using Rode Microphone)
https://youtu.be/slVBRChcI48?si=9Qn18j9UDGK_tayj

Announcements