cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6i and android 10

BK313
Apprentice

I'm having an issue with connecting the camera with my smartphone. I have updated the firmware to 1.1, which is the only uupdate I can find on the site. The cannon connect app keeps telling me I have to update to the latest firmware to be able to use the andriod 10 with the camera. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

FW 1.1.0 is recommended for NFC support.

Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement:

1. Enables NFC connection with smartphones running Android 10 operating system. 
*For Android running v6.0 or later, use Camera Connect v2.7.10 or later.

I have a Pixel4 running Android 11 and am using Camera Connect v2.7.30.20, this is working fine.

Ensure you are running the latest version of CC available for your device from Google Play.  Versions can vary depenping on the device your own.

Start here:

Confirm your camera is indeed running FW v1.1.0.  Sometimes people think they have flashed or updated their camera, but didn't.

Uninstall CC from your Android device, restart and visit Google Play, reinstall the CC App.

If the camera and device were paried previsously, forget the connection in the CC App.  Also reset the network on the Camera's wi-Fi setting, and start the paring operation from scratch.

Instructions for connecting a mobile device to a Camera using it (AP Mode)

http://downloads.canon.com/wireless/Rebel-T6i/Connecting%20the%20Camera%20to%20a%20Smartphone%20Usin...

or

Instructions for NFC connection to mobile device:

http://downloads.canon.com/wireless/Rebel-T6i/Connecting%20the%20Camera%20to%20a%20Smartphone%20Usin...

Hopefully one of these will help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements