cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5i Video Settings for Green Screen

Leem6453
Apprentice

Hi all.  This is my first post.  I've been using my T5i for about 6 months now and love it.  I recently bought a green screen and when I record video at night with my lightning unbrellas, I look like a zombie, white as a ghost.  Is there a way to adjust video settings BEFORE I record?

Also, would it be better to use a green screen with natural light?  I think I know the answer to this one, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After further experimentation, I realized that it was the software I was using, Wondershare, which has very basic green screen capabilities.  I recently upgraded to Corel Videostudio X8 and couldn't be happier.  I recently did a review of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, with green screen and black and white...and the results were very pleasing.  You can find it on Youtube it you type in Psycho Drumdums.  Drumdums is my channel name.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello Leem6453,

Recording with a green screen would be considered an advanced filmmaking technique, well outside the realm of the typical "how to use the product" questions we field. 

That being said, there are different avenues of approach with this subject, but none of them are covered under our technical support umbrella.  Adjusting the exposure does sound like something you need to do, and I'd advise using the manual mode.  There are no standards when it comes to green screen; I've heard it done a few different ways. 

I would recommend joining a filmmaking forum, if you have yet to do so, and also researching the subject online to get a handle for what you'll truly need to do in order to get the effect you want.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After further experimentation, I realized that it was the software I was using, Wondershare, which has very basic green screen capabilities.  I recently upgraded to Corel Videostudio X8 and couldn't be happier.  I recently did a review of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, with green screen and black and white...and the results were very pleasing.  You can find it on Youtube it you type in Psycho Drumdums.  Drumdums is my channel name.

Announcements