cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2i print came out with heads cut off. Please help!!!

aintmy4ult314
Apprentice

I printed some pictures from my t2i at sams and the pictures where cut off. Like full body shots that I took the head and feet were cut out when trying to 4x6 prints. What do I need to do make the whole picture fit without cropping. 

6 REPLIES 6

Skirball
Authority

Print preview?

This is what happen I took pictures for a friend's party. She took the sd card to sams club to print. The pictures look okay on my computers the heads and bodies were all there. I will print preview later and let you know. 

Sounds like they were printed in landscape mode but shot in portrait mode OR cropped improperly just before making the print. Although it's a bit of a different style of topic see message 15 here.

http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=147971&page=2

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

@aintmy4ult314 wrote:

This is what happen I took pictures for a friend's party. She took the sd card to sams club to print. The pictures look okay on my computers the heads and bodies were all there. I will print preview later and let you know. 

If you had someone "professionally" print them then I'd take them back.  They should know how to print a photo and not crop it, and they shouldn't charge you for their mistake. 

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

The camera takes photos with a 3x2 aspect ratio.  If you print in a size which does match the aspect ratio (e.g. a 5x7 or an 8x10 for example are not 3x2 aspect ratios) then the image needs to be cropped to the size print you plan to use.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I figured it out I crop the picture before I went to print which messed up the picture ratio.  It's good now thanks for the help everyone.

Announcements