cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden problem with my 70D

idanidan123
Enthusiast

I have no idea what happened, but recently I can't view some of my recent photos. I can take a shot of something, then  a couple of minutes later, when I look at my gallery it says ''cannot playback image''. I didn't do anything in the settings, I always shoot manual. I saw other peope complain about this issue, and I tried to look for a solution before posting this message, but I couldn't find a soution.. When I look at photos I took like a couple of days ago, it's all there. Now all of the sudden the issue began. I'm using a SanDisk memory card, i've heard that mentioning your memory card is important, so here you go. Thanks in advance for the answers !

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What is the memory capacity fo the card?  Using micro-SD cards with adapters isn't recommended. 

Do yiou have another card to try?  It sounds like your current card is failing, or in need of a fresh low level format.  I recommend using memory capactiy only up to 32GB cards.  I have used 64GB cards, and had problems with the ones that were not the most expensive out there.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It's 32GB. I have another 8GB memory card that still works (have it almost 2 years) and it seems to work just fine there... Do you think it's a problem with the 32GB one, and do you know how to fix it ?

@idanidan123 wrote:
It's 32GB. I have another 8GB memory card that still works (have it almost 2 years) and it seems to work just fine there... Do you think it's a problem with the 32GB one, and do you know how to fix it ?

If the 8GB card works, then that strongly suggests that there is nothing wrong with the camera. 

The problem is most likely with the 32GB card.  There is no way to "fix" the card if it is defective.  If you have an inexpensive card reader, then you could try to read the card and copy its' contents to your computer. 

You could then attempt a "low level" format on the card, and see if that helps.  But, even if it did help the card, I would be not be inclined to fully trust it, anymore.  Your best course of action just may be to purchase a new card, or a two-pack of cards.

idanidan123
Enthusiast
So you think it's the best choice to get an 8GB card only, and but higher?

@idanidan123 wrote:
So you think it's the best choice to get an 8GB card only, and but higher?

The size dosn't matter. Canon 70D uses SD, SDHC and SDXC. But first back up your pictures and do as Waddizzle wrote about low level format the card in your 70D or use SD Formatter (Overwrite) before you low level format it in your 70D.

idanidan123
Enthusiast
And how exactly can I low level format? I just never heard of it before.

@idanidan123 wrote:
And how exactly can I low level format? I just never heard of it before.

The camera can format the card for you.  It is an option in the menus.  Press the garbage icon to enable/disable the low level format mode of operation.

idanidan123
Enthusiast
And how can I prevent it from happening again? Or there's no such thing...
Announcements