cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV Support Rebel T7 and Canon Connect Station

idcampbell
Contributor

Before I purchased the Rebel T7 one of the selling points on Best Buy's website is that the photos are shareable via the use of a second monitor. I presume this requires an HDMI cable, but if I were to use the CS100 do the files appear real-time after each shot or do you have to upload them to the Connect Station? This sort of doesn't represent a second monitor to me if real-time presentation isn't part of the functionality. 

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

idcampbell, 

When sharing photos with the Rebel T7 and you wanting to see them real time, the best option would be remote shooting.  This can be done several ways, via a computer tethered via EOS Utility, or through the Camera Connect app- which is a free downloadable app for smartphones and tablets.  This method you go over the WiFi connection.  You can also upload to a web service in this manner, but it's not real time.  

The Connect Station is a separate piece of hardware which is not required. 

To connect the camera to a TV to view photos, you need to use the HDMI cable.  It displays photos in a playback fashion, that is to say ones that you have already shot. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The monitor connected to the canera via HDMI is just a copy of the rear LCD, and in fact replaces the LCD monitor when it is connected. As such, the external monitor can do everything the LCD does. You can set the review time to see the just taken image for a longer time, or just press the playback button to view it for any length of time you want.

What you can't do is view the just taken picture will taking a new one.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@idcampbell wrote:

Before I purchased the Rebel T7 one of the selling points on Best Buy's website is that the photos are shareable via the use of a second monitor. I presume this requires an HDMI cable, but if I were to use the CS100 do the files appear real-time after each shot or do you have to upload them to the Connect Station? This sort of doesn't represent a second monitor to me if real-time presentation isn't part of the functionality. 

Okay, you seem to have an uncertain solution to some problem you are trying to solve.  What exactly is the problem that you are trying to solve?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements