cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sl1 or t6

sdaly
Apprentice
I'm looking at the sl1 or the t6. Which is a better choice? I realize the t6 is newer.
Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The biggest difference in the cameras are the user features.  You will have to decide on what you want and need.. 

Both cameras are a compromise of features, with neither offering everything that most people find highly desireable.  In fact, some desireable features a omitted, most particularly when it comes to recording video.

Both cameras are frequently sold in kits with an 18-55mm lens, but the lenses are different.  The SL1 comes with an STM lens, while the version with the T6 is an older, non-STM lens.

The SL1 is physically smaller than a T6, but offers a tilting LCD display.  Meanwhile, the T6 offers a limited Wi-Fi capability that is similar to bluetooth.  The "Wi-Fi" allows it to talk to smart devices like phones and tablets, but is not "networkable".

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

sdaly
Apprentice
Thanks for the quick response. Is there a better choice in the rebel line up and that price range?

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@sdaly wrote:
I'm looking at the sl1 or the t6. Which is a better choice? I realize the t6 is newer.
Thanks in advance.

The SL1 was originally designed and priced as a higher end, but, small and light weight camera. The SL1 has a carbon fiber body not found in any other Canon dSLR. The SL1 was chosen as camera of the year at DPReview when it was introduced. Unfortunately, for Canon, the USA dSLR market still identifies size with how good the camera is. The 1D X Mk II after all is a huge camera. So, the SL1 is selling at a substantial discount after its introductory price. Canon sells the  EF-S 18-55 IS STM lens alone for $249. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T6-vs-Canon-Rebel-SL1/detailed

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

sdaly
Apprentice
Thanks for all the help. I decided to get the SL1. Steve

@sdaly wrote:
Thanks for all the help. I decided to get the SL1. Steve

It's a great little camera, enjoy!!!

About 4 weeks ago when I looked at the sl1 for the first time I said to myself that's the camera for me as my first dslr. After researching it and looking at a bunch of videos a week later I started chaning my mind about the size. I thought it was perfect for me cause I could take it with me whenever I go bike riding in NYC. I started looking at the T6i researching it and ended going with it. I got my t6i last tuesday and I already love the size, weight and the way it takes pictures.

Canon EOS Rebel T6i / 18-55mm IS STM

@JMY wrote:

About 4 weeks ago when I looked at the sl1 for the first time I said to myself that's the camera for me as my first dslr. After researching it and looking at a bunch of videos a week later I started chaning my mind about the size. I thought it was perfect for me cause I could take it with me whenever I go bike riding in NYC. I started looking at the T6i researching it and ended going with it. I got my t6i last tuesday and I already love the size, weight and the way it takes pictures.

One drawbacl of a tiny DSLR is that there aren't many tiny lenses for it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements