cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter speed clitch in Manual mode

WCurtis
Apprentice

I have a Canon 7D mark 11 that I can not change shutter speed with in manual mode by turning the Quick Control Dial on the back. When I turn the dial, apreture changes instead. The main dial on top also changes the the apreture like it's supposed to.

However, when I push the Quick control button on the back and bring up the setting screen on the LCD, I can change the shutter speeds by rotating the Quick Control Dial and the apreture by turning the main diail. My question is.......

Is there some kind of Hardware/sofware glitch in the camera that's causing the malfunction?

Is there a setting that needs to be changed so that the diails perform the proper functions?

Is this a common manual mode problem and is there a firmware fix for it?

Any help would be most appreciated. Wally

3 REPLIES 3

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@WCurtis wrote:

I have a Canon 7D mark 11 that I can not change shutter speed with in manual mode by turning the Quick Control Dial on the back. When I turn the dial, apreture changes instead. The main dial on top also changes the the apreture like it's supposed to.

However, when I push the Quick control button on the back and bring up the setting screen on the LCD, I can change the shutter speeds by rotating the Quick Control Dial and the apreture by turning the main diail. My question is.......

Is there some kind of Hardware/sofware glitch in the camera that's causing the malfunction?

Is there a setting that needs to be changed so that the diails perform the proper functions?

Is this a common manual mode problem and is there a firmware fix for it?

Any help would be most appreciated. Wally

I suspect you changed a settings in the custom functions to create this behavior. Try resetting your custom functions and see if the problem doesn't resolve itself. 

Normal behavior for Canon cameras is that the main dial near the shutter release is the shutter speed and the rear dial is the aperture. 

You can swap these two using custom functions.

Yes indeed, you were right on with your answer. Changed the function in customes setting and solved the proplem. Thanks for the help. Wally

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Wally do a "Clear all settings" and try again.  (Under the Tools tab)

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements