cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter Speed 1/64000 on R3

Martytaco
Apprentice

I can't get my R3 to use any shutter above 1/8000. I am using an EF adapter with a Canon 35mm F2.0 lens. I have the camera set to electronic shutter and I have set the maximum shutter speed to 1/64000 in the menus. I have tried in both manual and Tv mode and I can't get it to work. I have tried at various aperture setting with no luck. I have done a Google search without any satisfactory results. I hope someone knows the answer and thanks for all your help.

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Can you please confirm what firmware version you are using?

You may be limited by the fact you are using EF lenses and an adapter, rather that native RF lenses. I have not seen any reference to tthisability for legacy lenses.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

P9DF
Apprentice

Please check your "Same expo. for new aperture" in orange menu.

Shutter speed will be limited when this function set with Tv/ISO and Tv

It’s crazy how many functions are limited by settings/choices that you don’t correlate having a impact. Like silent shutter. When that’s on you can’t use a flash on camera. Thank you. I use that setting you referenced for Timelapse’s- exposure adjustment

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Disable light flicker.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements