cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for quality Gimbal for EOS Rebel SL3

laurenzabeth
Apprentice

I'll eventually upgrade to the mark iii or something else that's more compatible, but right now this is what I'm working with.

Most of the quality gimbals I'm finding don't list my specific camera as compatible with their software.

Does anyone know of a good gimbal that'll work?

I know it's a super specific request, fingers crossed someone else has figured this out.

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Why would a gimbal need software? It is just a fancy tripod mount.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Why would a gimbal need software? It is just a fancy tripod mount.

This sounds like a familiar issue.  They are probably looking for a hand-held gimbal rig for shooting video.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I believe you are right, but we need clarification from the OP.

OP:

What you probably need to do is to choose a few systems you like and contact the mfg's as to compatibility with the camera. You can also rent some from Lens Rentals to check it out in your situation.

Ah ha, you guys may have something.  But aren't those called gimbal stabilizers or just stabilizers?  I don't know.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yeah it's for shooting video, the higher end gimbals like Zhiyun and Ronin work for any DSLR camera (I think) as a basic stabilizer, but they also have software that can connect to your camera via bluetooth (if your camera is compatible), so you can control camera movements, zoom, etc from the app which helps a ton with trying to get some specific tricky shots

Bulls-eye

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Does anyone know of a good gimbal that'll work?"

I have two gimbals.  I will guess gimbal manufacturers try to make sure their tripod heads, gimbals are heads, work with as many different camera models as possible. I would be surprised if any and all would not work with a SL3.  I have not personally tried but it should be compatible with any maker.

"I'm finding don't list my specific camera as compatible with their software."

I got not software with either of my gimbal heads.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements