cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL3 for Zoom Meetings

Telecaster
Apprentice

I want to use my SL3 for video with Zoom, Discord, and Skype. I have it hooked up via USB and it is ok but I'm wondering if there's a way to use the HDMI port for better quality. I think I might also need a capture card but I'm not sure. The HDMI ports on my computer's video card are outputs for a monitor, not inputs for a device. Would the right cable do it? Mini HDMI to USB? I'll be teaching guitar so I need the video to be as clear as possible. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The Canon EOS Webcam Utility only uses the USB port.  IF the SL3 can be set for "Clean HDMI" output, then you would need some sort of HDMI capture device.  According to the volume of YouTube videos about Clean HDMI and SL3, it should be just a matter of going into the menus, and Turing it on.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The Canon EOS Webcam Utility only uses the USB port.  IF the SL3 can be set for "Clean HDMI" output, then you would need some sort of HDMI capture device.  According to the volume of YouTube videos about Clean HDMI and SL3, it should be just a matter of going into the menus, and Turing it on.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you so much. I think I have this figured out now. 

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hi Telecaster, Thanks for checking in! As Waddizzle suggested, the EOS Rebel SL3 does have clean HDMI output capabilities. So, you could use HDMI-to-USB accessories like Elgato Cam Link 4K, Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder, or AVerMedia AVerCapture HD to go out from your camera's HDMI port to a USB port on your computer.
Announcements