cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card Full

SureshLokre
Contributor

Hello everyone!

I use 32 GB SD card for my Canon EOS R after taking 67 pictures it is saying "Card Full". And the images i save are in RAW type. i have heard that a 32 GB should store a min of 1000 images.

Any insight will be helpful please!

Thanks!

Suresh Lokre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I suggest you use a card reader and check to see what is taking up all the space.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you been using this card a lot? It might have become fragmented. Try low level formatting in the camera.

Or, if you have used a Mac and trashed the images, they may still be in the hidden trash folder. Insert the card into the reader and empty the trash.

it is a brand new SD card and brand new camera too. i will try an format it. thanks kvbarkley, i appreciate your response.

I suggest you use a card reader and check to see what is taking up all the space.

Hello guys i formatted and it is working fine so far thanks again for your time.

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Where did you buy the SD card? There are lots of counterfeit SD cards being sold everyday.

Mike Sowsun

I bought it from Amazon it was the part of the bundle i got with Canon eos r. 

Thanks! 

Suresh

While Amazon itself is an authorized Canon reseller, be very careful with Amazon since lots of what they sell come from other vendors.    Personally, I avoid Amazon for anything electronics-related to include memory cards.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements