cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T7 Blurry Photos

sraymond51
Apprentice

I just started with this camera. When I take photos, they look fine. But, when I transfer them to my phone, Samsung Galaxy 10s+, they look blurry. So, after I first encountered this problem I switched the camera to raw. I took more photos and transferred them, but still blurry. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

Peter
Authority
Authority

Upload some raw files and the transfered files.

sraymond51
Apprentice

I am not quite sure what you mean. 

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

When you say "they look fine", do you mean when looking at the back of the camera?  Or say on a computer with a large display?

If it's the camera's rear screen... Note that for whatever reason, Canon and other manufacturers specify things in "dots".  The EOS T7 has 920,000 dots.  But you have to divide by 3 to get pixels.  So that's only around 680 x 450 pixels.  Much too low a resolution to see if an image is blurry in some conditions.   Did you zoom into the image at all?  Hopefully that will reveal the issue.

Modern devices these days have very high resolution screens, so if there are problems with images, you'll most likely see them on such screens.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Agreed, do not solely rely on the LCD screen to determine the quality of the image, if you do I guarantee you will be led astray! Use a larger monitor like 22" or larger nd zoom in to really check sharpness.

Announcements