cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request: Canon must add PC wifi support for EOS 1300D / EOS Rebel T6

Mikke70
Contributor

I basically hate Canon, because they dropped down PC wifi support without reason.

Customers need join together demand this option.

Camera itself not bad, but customer underestimating must stop.

17 REPLIES 17

cicopo
Elite

Sorry but count me out. I'd rather they spent the money making a better camera to take better photos. I don't know why you prefer to send your photos wirelessly to whereveer but unless it's to a computer so you can take the time to put some time into editing them to get the most out of them I don't want to see them. Far too many thing just because they took a photo it now needs to be on line right away no matter how out of focus, or how badly it is exposure wise etc.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Because you have wireless transfer in camera, but you cant use it because canon want enable it use next model.

Mikke70
Contributor

I think someone make soon unofficial firmware to enable PC connect. Better way is official firmware than unofficial hacked firmware. I think Canon not want loose reputation and customers.  But if support not added in firmware, many customer leave Canon.

@Mikke70 wrote:

I think someone make soon unofficial firmware to enable PC connect. Better way is official firmware than unofficial hacked firmware. I think Canon not want loose reputation and customers.  But if support not added in firmware, many customer leave Canon.

Your misunderstanding is common.  I had it once, too.  You have a wireless laptop.  You feel that your camera should connect to it.  Right?  Right.

Let's think it through how this woudl work.  Okay?  You turn on camera, and turn on its' Wi-Fi, but nothing happens yet, because your laptop hasn't been turned on.  Oops. 

Let's turn on our laptop, and wait for it to get fully started up.  The OS asks us to log in.  We log into the laptop.  The OS continues to start up.  The built-in Wi-Fi starts up and connects to our wireless access point for an Internet connection ... and now all is ready.  Let's do the camera thing.  Okay?

We go to the camera, tell it to connect to the laptop, but it doesn't work.  That's about the time when we realize that the laptop's wireless card is BUSY.  Gee, we say.  We cannot connect our camera to it because the laptop is connected to our wireless router, and cannot make two connections as the same time. 

Now some wireless devices [like many tablets and cell phones] connect to the internet via cell phone circuitry, and contain separate circuitry for making Bluetooth and 802.11## connection.  We realize that those devices can make two connections at once, because they have two sets of circuitry, while most of our laptops DO NOT.  Hmm.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It not user fault. Canon delete PC option from wireless menu and if try connect direct with camera IP number, camera reject connections. Maybe possible with special port number or cheating PC to look like Android. 

Canon need only add tap in wireless menu and recompile new firmware.

But if customers are sheepie, Canon sell next year new model with this new option.

In USA Canon afraid lawsuits, but in other world Canon only laught.

I think Canon tell wrong information, when it advertise camera with wifi, because it lack main part of wifi support, PC

And there no any reason for it. Only social media can turn ship, no individual person.

@Mikke70 wrote:

It not user fault. Canon delete PC option from wireless menu and if try connect direct with camera IP number, camera reject connections. Maybe possible with special port number or cheating PC to look like Android. 

Canon need only add tap in wireless menu and recompile new firmware.

But if customers are sheepie, Canon sell next year new model with this new option.

In USA Canon afraid lawsuits, but in other world Canon only laught.

I think Canon tell wrong information, when it advertise camera with wifi, because it lack main part of wifi support, PC

And there no any reason for it. Only social media can turn ship, no individual person.

I might be more sympathetic to your rants if you showed even a minimal understanding of how WiFi actually works.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Normally you can wireless dig images from camera to computer, when your camera can stand alone in Tripod.

In PC you can see image folder or use special camera app for image downloading (maybe possible do camera preview)

1300D bigger brothers can do it. EOS 1300D PC option is stripped out, they only leave Android connection.

I hate all image handing in Android tablet, because no memory and no mouse etc. Image handling need more power.

1300D is only possible choose Android equipment and Canon network, Canon cloud network not available in my area.

If i try Android connection with PC, camera reject pc connections.

If i try EOS utility, it not found camera.

I need extra option in 1300D for PC connection, or special program what can handle connection like Android phone.

Image: http://kuvauppi.fi/view/output/GUID/E5228EDB-E2B1-29C2-32F0-6014CF3CC3F3/size/default/canon-eos-1300...

Normally there is more wifi options:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xqXHCiot2Ac/maxresdefault.jpg

"1300D is only possible choose Android equipment and Canon network, Canon cloud network not available in my area.

If i try Android connection with PC, camera reject pc connections.

If i try EOS utility, it not found camera.

I need extra option in 1300D for PC connection, or special program what can handle connection like Android phone."  

One extra option is a USB cable. 

"The right mouse button is your friend."

But USB not wireless.

Wireless is disabled without reason, customers can demand it to enable.

Why all people are so weak, it's ok companys can limit options and take more money from customers.

It you buy new  four door car and back doors are locked. Paying more you can open all doors, but it is different model. You cant open all.

All doors are installed when car come factory, but  backdoors are locked in cheaper model.

It is ok? Soon we can see it, if companys supremacy allowed.

This is silly, because Android communication is more difficult than PC (need extra Android app etc.), so Android dropping and PC keeping is more cheaper than they do otherwise.

I think this need class action

Wifi mean, all same standard equipment can work together, artificial reason not right, it is standarded.

I think in USA  people rights are better then elsewhere, so some layer can keep customers rights.

Announcements