cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering an old Cannon Camera Rebel T6

Monbleau
Apprentice

Hello! I have a Cannon Rebel t6 that I have had for several years now. I have mostly just used it as a fun hobby but have decided I want to learn more and dive into the cannon resources offered for registered products. The problem is, I have moved 2x since we bought the camera and when I went to go find the receipt with all the accessories, it wasn't there! My husband bought it online in 2017 I think, but I don't have a date of purchase and can't find the paperwork. Is there any way I can still register my product or and I just plain out of luck? TIA! 

4 REPLIES 4

normadel
Authority
Authority

What resources are you after that require the camera to be registered? Assuming it can still be registered at all, can't you register it based on the serial number, which is on the camera? If need be, just make up where you bought it from and the date. It doesn't matter because the camera is not under warranty anymore.

I was thinking I had to register it in order to connect it with wifi or NRF to my phone via the cannon app. I am trying again now and it seems like maybe I was just in the wrong place last time 😅 thank you for your reply!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The camera can still be registered using its serial and approximate date of purchase.  Note however, that there is no warranty (which is 1 yr) with proof of purchase.  So as Normadel pointed out, there is no warranty since the actual purchase date cannot be established.  No matter as the time for this has come and gone.  

The only thing you might need to gain access to are software downloads.  For some, like DPP, you need the camera's serial number.

Canon Support for EOS Rebel T6 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

shadowsports_0-1694027053306.png

This can be found on the bottom of the camera, or embedded in the exif data of a RAW photo taken with the camera.  At this point, you only need to register the camera if you wanted to have it serviced.  This would not be warranty, so proof of purchase would not be needed.  😀

Hope that helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you so much! 😁

click here to view the gallery
Announcements