cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbished Canon EOS 2000D screen issues

VINNY
Contributor

hello,
I have a refurbished Canon EOS 2000D that I got as part of a bundle on amazon I have taken a few photos as I try to learn and master it and I notice that whenever I press the display button the screen goes black and when I go to take a picture I would think that I should be able to see the subject on the screen but I can't I can only see the menu and or settings but not the subject and when I click display to see what's wrong it just goes black I can only see the subject after I take the photo is that common? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

VINNY,

That's what the Display button does. It turns your display screen on and off.

I think you want to go into your menu settings and enable your Live View Function. Here's a YouTube Video on how to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc55gGgBAnA

Once you enable Live View, you can use that by pressing that little button next to your Viewfinder that looks like a little camera.

Steve Thomas

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You can toggle the LCD display by pressing the Disp button which is on the back of the camera just above the ISO button.  Normal operation the display will turn off when the shutter button is slightly depressed for AF.  It will turn on again after the image is taken.

I suggest you download and review the manual from your camera.  This will help you become accustomed to its operation and features:

EOS 2000D - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Europe (canon-europe.com)  

If you have more questions, please let us know.  😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for the link definitely helpful 

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

VINNY,

That's what the Display button does. It turns your display screen on and off.

I think you want to go into your menu settings and enable your Live View Function. Here's a YouTube Video on how to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc55gGgBAnA

Once you enable Live View, you can use that by pressing that little button next to your Viewfinder that looks like a little camera.

Steve Thomas

Thank you that helped a lot that's exactly what I needed

VINNY,

You're welcome. I hope you have many hours of happy shooting.

Steve Thomas

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

How are you holding the camera when you take photos?  Are you looking through the optical viewfinder?  Or, are you looking at the rear display and holding it up like a smart phone?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I was looking through the view finder but I got it figured out thank you

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Amazon is not the best place to shop for big ticket electronics.  You should try to only buy camera gear and accessories from an authorized camera dealer.

Question about the refurbished camera you purchased.  Who was the vendor?  Was it described as “renewed” or “refurbished”?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It was a electronics vendor selling through amazon it said refurbished and I figured out the issue thanks to the YouTube video I got from one of the replies but thank you for the advice 😊 

Announcements