cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light flashing continuously R6

Pauly_6_String
Enthusiast

I have an R6 and the red light is flashing and won’t stop. It appears to be the #2 SD card. No red light flashing when it is out of camera. 

#2 is set for playback. It’s a UHS-II card. 

any ideas why this is happening?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Hi OP are you using full sized SD cards. Or are you using micro SD cards in an adapter. I suggest that you use a full sized card if you aren't currently. If you are already using a full sized SD card. You can try doing a low level format to see if that helps.

-Demetrius

40D, 5D IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

It was full size. I did the low level format and it’s fixed it. 

thanks

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

What happens when you move the card in slot 1 to slot 2? Does it flash?

You may have a bad card, or heaven forbid, a bad slot.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

I’ll check on that. Just starting a vacation and don’t want to lose pics but will check once offloaded tonight. 

Pauly_6_String
Enthusiast

So it’s doing it again. The UHS II SD card keeps the red light flashing continuously whether it’s in the 1 or 2 slot in my R6. 

Is it just a bad card? It’s a Lexar Professional 1667x 128GB

not playing well with the camera? 

Try using a different card to see what. Is it the same brand card this keeps causing this. If so try a different brand.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D & Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

It seems to be just this card. When I swapped card 1 and this card it was the UHS II card that flashed no matter which slot it was in. 

I can try another format but am wondering what would cause this

JoeySnaps
Enthusiast

Do you have it set up to automatically upload your shots to image.Canon? If so, the red light will flash whenever there are shots on the card that need uploading, and you have the camera switched on and in range of your wifi. It can take quite a long time especially if you have a lot of shots to upload.

If you format the card it will stop because there are no shots to upload. But as soon as you've got new shots on the card it will start again.

To check it out, leave the camera on for a while and see if the red flashing eventually stops - this should be when all the shots on the card have been uploaded.

R6mkII, various lenses, speedlites. Also legacy Canons going back to T90 and even A1.
Announcements