cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a t3i

Basic
Enthusiast

My daughter in law gave me a t3i camera that belonged to her grandpa. He only took 5 pictures total before putting it away. I have been taking pictures with it and so far seems to be working good. I put a better SD card in it and got some extra batteries for it. I also bought a Canon 50mm macro lens and rokinon 14mm wide angle lens. My main two interests are taking pictures of the homemade soap and cosmetics that we sell and shooting the stars. 

Would anyone recommend that I take it to a camera shop to have someone look it over and make sure everything is correct? I also thought about cleaning the sensor lens. I would love to hear someone else's thoughts. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would use RAW.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

103 REPLIES 103

Basic
Enthusiast
The 16mm f/2 rokinon lens does a better job than the 14mm f/2.8 lens. I'm having trouble uploading the pictures to Dropbox for some reason. As soon as I do I would appreciate your opinion.

Basic
Enthusiast
Here's the link for the only picture that I got uploaded. It is my new 16mm f/2.0 rokinon lens.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ruff4a48oe2g7vq/sequetor%2011_1_21_inpixio.jpg?dl=0

Looks good. Getting nice point stars.

I have found that setting color temp to around 4000K gives a bluer tint to the sky. You can use a brush tool to brighten the Milky Way.

Hayes Farm Milky Way_John Hoffman.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Basic
Enthusiast
The new 16mm lens is much easier to focus. When I set the focus and looked where it was, it was actually at the infinity on the ring. I also have some incredible kind of macro shots with bokeh but I can't get them uploaded to Dropbox.
Announcements