cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel t7 video

Admiralinwi
Contributor

I just purchased a rebel t7. It has video capabilities and I there's not a whole lot in the book about doing videos. And I'm wondering how can I get it to so that I can take the video through the viewfinder. Doing the video using the screen doesn't help if it's sunny out cuz then I can't see what I'm trying to video. Also there is this diatric adjustment knob that the book says nothing about what it's supposed to do. Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

In your stated situation I would work around the issues and make it work. Like said, the camera you have is always better than the camera you wish you had.

You only other choice would be one of the newer Canon mirrorless models. They will be expensive new or used.

At this point learn to use what you have. Work with it and around the limits. BTW, personally I would buy that silly viewfinder contraption above.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

That just might work. I am going to be taking pictures and videos outside and looking at the screen it tends to have a glare on it especially if the sun is behind me. And that's why I'm looking for a viewfinder type thing.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

OK if you think so but since it's going to be over a hundred bucks try it before you buy it. That's money that could go toward a more practical camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

One of the first limits you will discover is the T7 is a very basic camera.  It does not offer Movie Servo AF.  That means it may not autofocus and track subjects when it is video mode.

I am pretty certain that this is the case.  Only cameras with Dual Pixel AF sensors seem able to autofocus in video mode.  The T7 does not use a Dual Pixel AF image sensor.  You will have to manually refocus in video mode or not refocus, at all.

If the ability to autofocus and track subjects in video mode is important to you, then you may have the wrong camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements