cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel t3i says "busy" when shooting.

SummersK
Apprentice

I've had my Canon t3i for 4 years now and recently it's started to say "busy" when shooting, causing me to miss a lot of great shots of my kids as well as when I'm out with a client. I've formatted the card  (ScanDisk Ultra Plus 80 MB/s ). I have the "kit" lenses which have never given me any problems in the past. It's both frustrating and embarrasing when this happens. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may be ablel to fix this?

Thank you,

Kim

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@SummersK wrote:

I've had my Canon t3i for 4 years now and recently it's started to say "busy" when shooting, causing me to miss a lot of great shots of my kids as well as when I'm out with a client. I've formatted the card  (ScanDisk Ultra Plus 80 MB/s ). I have the "kit" lenses which have never given me any problems in the past. It's both frustrating and embarrasing when this happens. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may be ablel to fix this?

Thank you,

Kim

Can you give a more detailed description of the circumstances when this occurs?  Indoors or outdoors?  Camera mode?  Shooting Mode?  Exposure settings?  Are you using the internal, built-in flash?

There are a few scenarios that can cause the "buSY" message to appear, all of which are described in the instruction manual.  For example, the noise reduction settings may cause the message to appear. 

Another overlooked scenario is when the internal flash is used as a focus assist beam, which drains the flash charge, bit by bit, every time you press the shutter.  Sometimes it is possible to use the focus assist beam to the point where the flash circuit needs to recharge,  When this happens you will see "buSY" in the viewfinder, with a small lightning bolt next to it, as the flash recharges.

Again, can you give a more detailed description of the circumstances when the issue occurs?  Try to provide enough details for someone to reproduce the error.  You may want to write it down, too.  Because in the event that you wind up contacting Canon Service, they will want to know the same information.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements