cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel t2i takes Pink Photos

leslieannjones
Apprentice

A couple of weeks ago, I was taking pictures of my daughters in the backyard when the images suddenly took on a pink cast. One moment, the photos were fine, the next, they were all pink. I had made no adjustments to the settings between shots, so there were no changes. Here are the pictures from one frame to the next, side by side.

pink-pictures.jpg

I tried taking several more shots, adjusting the white balance, shooting mode, etc., and nothing worked. The pink cast remained. Eventually, I gave up and we came inside, and after the camera "rested" for a while, it started shooting normally again.

A few days later, I took it out to take a few more photos, and the pink cast was back. I've reset the camera settings, set the white balance to auto (and everything in between), tried shooting in full auto and manual, and replaced the memory card.

Just tried taking a few shots, and it's back to normal, but I know that the pink cast is bound to return at some point. Probably when I most need to use the camera!

Do you have any idea what may have caused this problem? What may I do to fix it?

9 REPLIES 9

hsbn
Whiz

is there a way that you can upload a problem photo with all EXIF data intact?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Will this one work?

IMG_7478.jpg

There is no Exif data on this image. I don't worry about the content, I just want to see all the setting etc.
Another question: do you see these pink cast on the back of your camera LCD or is it just in the computer only? If it's in the computer only, what program you use to view/edit images?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a screenshot of the image with camera data. The photo turns out pink on the LCD and on the computer. I use Photoshop for image editing.

Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 4.48.04 PM.png

if it happens in camera also, then it's not your computer. At first I thought it could be corrupted monitor profiles but it is not. I've seen several people complained about this issue online and really nobody has an answer. People just guess there is something wrong with the White Balance sensor. The workaround for those is capturing it in RAW and fix it in post process. You can try to send it to Canon or hopefully somebody else can help you. 🙂 good luck.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You need to send the camera in for repair.  You may want to consider a newer upgrade Rebel.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

My 5D Mark II has this issue too!  I've had my camera for 3 years and I'm starting to get pink images!

I had my 20D for 8 years and never experienced this pink issue.

It's possibly a sensor problem.

If so, don't waste money repairing your T2i. Sell it for parts and buy a replacement.

5D2 - please see the EOS thread for similar problem and findings.

BTW, did you do the followings to isolate other possible causes of the problem :

1. format the SD card in your camera, if problem persist, try another SD card. The card/file may be corrupted.

2. reset the camera to default settings and clear all custom settings

If nothing change, you may consider to certify the T2i.

It's no harm to call Canon service center for advise too.

Announcements