cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T7 Wireless Connect to Comp - Q

Stormywrath
Apprentice

I am trying to obtain my photos from my camera to my computer wirelessly.

[WiFi Function] does not have computer as one of the options.

Is there a way to do this wirelessly somehow?

I want to be able to leave my camera on a tripod and just go to my computer to get the pictures. I do not want usb running through my house. Robot Embarassed

7 REPLIES 7

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Just taking a quick look thru the instruction manual . . .

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300029810/01/eos-rebelt7-1500d-im-en.pdf

. . . I don't see any mention of downloading images from the camera to a remote PC or desktop. There is mention about downloading to smart phones and tablets via WiFi though. Maybe working thru EOS Utility will provide this function? Pages 283 and 317 of the manual may shed some light on the subject as well.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Some of the entry level cameras only allow for wireless connection to smart devices, not computers.  The camera serves as a higher resolution alternative for the camera built into the smart device.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

John_
Authority

Yep, I believe you can only connect WiFi to tablets and smartphones either Android or Apple, not computers. It would be nice if Canon had a WiFi PC connect app for Windows or Macs.

@John_ wrote:

Yep, I believe you can only connect WiFi to tablets and smartphones either Android or Apple, not computers. It would be nice if Canon had a WiFi PC connect app for Windows or Macs.

They do.  It is callled the EOS Utility 3.  It just does not seem to work with Rebels.  It appears to be disabled.  

The 6D can connect to a PC, but it is a waste of time.  People make the mistake, myself included, that having Wi-Fi means the camera is networkable.  It doesn't.  All it means is that it uses Wi-Fi technology to communicate to select devices through a dedicated application.  

For example, you camera cannot share its' file contents with other devices on the network like a normal network device.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Screenshot 2021-01-08 145001.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes sir! That sums it up pretty well right there, doesn't it?

I didn't realize that there even was a separate "Wireless Function" instruction manual.

Yep, unless you just take the SD card out and put it into a computer the wifi link is a two-step process and a slow one via wifi is what I have found.

How is that Connect Station? Is it slow from the camera and then to a computer? I saw a new one selling for $100 with free shipping.

Announcements