cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T7 Shutter Resets While Live-streaming

2021EOSRebelT7
Apprentice

Is there any way to stop my Rebel T7 from resetting the shutter during a live stream? It sounds like the camera is taking a picture about once every 30 minutes which interrupts my video feed. 

Note: I am using an a/c adapter for power and USB cable for video, so battery life and HDMI clean out are not the issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

2021EOSRebelT7
Apprentice

Thank you all for your responses. I have not found an answer to my original question, but I did find a solution to the problem. I returned the EOS Rebel T7 to the store and bought a better camera.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz
If, by "Live Streaming", you are talking about shooting video, I think, by some international standard, videos are limited to 29:59, and then the video shooting stops.
Steve Thomas

I was not speaking of shooting video. I was referring to using my camera as a webcam plugged directly into my computer for live streaming. This camera is advertised as having this functionality, and it does do it very well except that the shutter resets every 30 minutes or so, so my live feed is interrupted for approximately 2 seconds every 30 minutes.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you using the EOS Webcam Utility?  It is supposed to be able to circumvent the 30 minute video time limit, but Canon states some older cameras may still be limited.  The T7 is one of the most basic entry level cameras, so it may still suffer the time limit.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am using the EOS webcam utility in conjunction with OBS Studio 27.1.3 (mac) and the video quality is excellent for my purposes except that the shutter resets every 30 minutes or so, so my live video feed is interrupted for approximately 2 seconds every 30 minutes.

2021EOSRebelT7
Apprentice

Thank you all for your responses. I have not found an answer to my original question, but I did find a solution to the problem. I returned the EOS Rebel T7 to the store and bought a better camera.

Announcements